What makes a blog good?
Maybe the fact that I have very, very few visitor to mine that my mind tend to wander. ehehe... a little pathetic, I know. But I blog for the mere pleasure of it. What is a blog but a digitalised diary, yes? Besides, picking up the pen and scribble scribble scribble is just too tiresome when i can just ketuk away on my papan kekunci. :-P I just have to let my thoughts, feelings out. Otherwise I go crazy.
You know, when you actually finished doing something you like, you inhale, tahan kejap, then exhale.. yeah.. long deep breathing.. And you feel... urmm... complete? Ah! Contented. That's how I feel everytime I finish one post. It might not make my 'misery' disappear, but that's ok.
Oh! Yesterday, I found out my favourite writer is a shallow person. Although he did not exactly define his shallowness, but he admitted he's one shallow person. I supposed everyone is shallow in their own way. Am I? Hmm.. possibly. But in a different perspective. But I prefer to keep an open mind. When you let shallowness take the front sit, you limit yourself. Mentally. Physically. Isn't that exhausting?
Someone once said I'm a diplomate. I give diplomatic answers. I prefer diplomatic solution. I don't always take side. I'm the mediator. (Huh! I just realised I'm in the wrong profession altogether!!) Let me tell you being 'atas pagar' is really, really tiring. You're getting pull to the right and to the left. And once I was called a 'LALANG'! Can you believe that?! (oh.. this is the time when I was in uni, and these people are busy with campus politikus. I just see no point for this two sides to fight. Unfruitful. Very. And they divert from the original objective which is to serve the students in the uni. What they did is fighting for the outsiders, trying to bring more supporters. Ughh.. there was this one time, this akak came to our group and asked, "Adik nak masuk syurga tak? Kalau nak... undi lah..." erkk??!! did these people thing we're freaking idiots? duhhh... and another... "Kita tak salah, kita dah cuba, diorang yang tak nak work together dengan kita.." Phbbtt!) Ah-nee-way.. those were the days. I enjoyed myself imensely in the uni, minding my own business. So, let bygones be bygones and kill the mosquitoes. But I do wonder.. do they still use those lines..... hehehe..
Ok.. so back to being a diplomatic person. I think I've said before I hate confrontations. I rather suffer in silence than bring havoc to what seems to be a peaceful lake. God knows what's under it! But lately I find myself to be more outspoken. I speak my mind. When I have to. Though I have this, inbred kind of thing where you try to 'berkias'. U know... pukul keliling semak.. Sorry.. Beat around the bush. But 'berkias' or using 'bahasa beralas' (I refuse to use England word here.. cause it sounds beautiful and melodious in Malay) has its own advantage. Though when you pick up a stick, both ends got picked... There's a beauty behind it. ALTHOUGH some would say it's just so Malay... to be hypocrite and all.. hmmm.. You think?
I believe, genetically, we, Malays are diplomats. In everything. As such we have kiasan and bahasa beralas. Remember those days in kampung people would ask... "Berapa harga sepinggan nasi tu.." when you're eating with you Tok Su, Tok Yang and all those old people... (Now you wonder how old I really am... hahahaha...) I mean, yes, when I was a kid, I remember my makciks and neneks using all these phrases... And I got a mild reprimand when I asked why can't you just ask nak tambah the nasi? Hehehe...
If you think about it.. it's beautiful. Our culture is beautiful it should be preserved! No... Not stored in the museum inside that glass box. Preserved as in being practised. It might be a longer way to get that nasi tambah... but you just have the satisfaction because when your makcik answered you melodiously and smile, you just feel so... connected. And so... Malay.
Hmm... am getting a little carried away. Am being a little sentimental... Should. Type. Off. PLEASE SOMEONE JUST READ MY BLOG! whooopss.. silap...
Berapa jauh nak sampai ke blog saya ni...?

5 Comments:
hey Lady, I read you what! i dont know what a good blog is too..i do not think we need a guideline or an idiot's guide to blogging,a kind of terasul, do we? its a place where u luahkan segala perasaan dan jiwa raga.. tu ha! Kak teh jalan jauh tau to come and read your blog. So, dont make my visit sia-sia...I always enjoy your writing.
hi Miss J,
u mentioned that blog is a digitalised diary. What is the different between digitalised diary and the beautiful hard cover diary u keep under ur pillow?? Diaries are meant for personal use & confidential... rite?? Then why ru complaining that very few souls reading ur blog??
But dun give up ....carry on ur writing. I always enjoy ur article, story or so-called luahan hati. Only sometimes cannot understand ur rational or what ur 'kusut' mind is thinking.....hahaha.
.......Mr. J
hi J, donno la but somehow i think we (mebbe just me) blog to reach out..ada ke org yg think & feel like we do? but the best way to blog is not to think abt whos gonna read it. have not been able to do this or else i would have blogged abt my b** a long time ago. sori la merepek in yr komen box.
kak teh: that's why i love you. sgt jauh dtg ni... hehe..
Mr. J: thanks. haha.. nasib baik you only read my blog. knowing me in person would be fatal!
atn: i think that's very apt! reaching out. n i have no problem with u komenting. ekeke..
makes me wonder the same thing too... I like your writing, followed you from Beeba's blog... just want to say hi and have a nice day!
Post a Comment
<< Home