Sunday, July 03, 2005

I have a question, your Honourable Judge

Aren't we the educated people? Don't we want to be different from our forefathers? Don't we want to carve a new trail and create a new generation?

Why then do we still resort to name calling? Why then can't we take criticism and be accountable for it? Why do we let our feelings rule the truth the hearts hide but our minds recognise? Why?

So some people have different ideas and channels and ways to sculpt that new path. Why can't we accept the differences, when the ultimate end is the same? When can we actually be different? And instead of trying to pull these people down back to the pit, we actually push them out. So that one fine day, they might be able to pull others in the pit out.

Why are we still those crabs in that second basket? Why?

You see, I get tired of reading some entries in some other blogs. I don't understand why there's this hatred or strong dislike just because some people has different approach than the others. Just because these people dare to be different. Just because they are, who they are. I've always been an optimist. Thought I want to win in whatever I do, I do not forget that some peole might have a better way to win. It does not disregard the fact that it has to be done correctly.

So, what is art again? Isn't it subjective? And who are we to give a definite verdict for a product by another artist. So you think your thinking should be the alma meter, but others might not feel so. So what's wrong with that? Why do we feel we are superior than others? Why this "I'm the greatest" attitude, when clearly there are better people out there. In fact, there's one definite presence which is the ultimate greatness. Did we forget that?

Now, be human again. And reflect. We are not perfect. None of us are. So, what's so difficult in accepting that? We are beings, created with weaknesses and shortcomings. But rather than rot with that knowledge we should pursue for greatness. BUT, we should not forget that we are still far from being perfect.

So, you tell me. If they want to come out with a diabolical front page graphic on their very own book, what's wrong with that? Let the inside tell the story. Or are we so prejudice that we judge the book by its cover? Oh come on... You bought FHM, you bought Cleo, you have the latest copy of whatever mags to feed your vision pleasure. So, what's wrong with Aweks KL?

Stop being a hypocrite, will we?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ely said...

You go gurl!

July 05, 2005 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home