New Age Addiction
I was reading Kak Teh's latest entry. The demise of yet another good blog.
Why do we blog, exactly? Why do we have this need to share our thoughts with strangers? People that we've never met in life. People from all walks of life. Do we have this need to actually reach out? Or we are actually trying to make new friends? We give out out most deepest, grueling thoughts to the borderless world just so that strangers will get to know the real you?
Some does it anonymously (ehem... like what I'm doing). Some uses their own identity. And some, just converted form being an anon to someone with a name (three loud cheers for SC or now known as Nazrah!!)
Blogging is addictive. Reading blogs is addictive. I've got a standard list that I go through everyday, to ensure I'm not left out of the latest entries. And the need to comment on the entries. That is an addiction too. And sometimes, you get frustrated because you do not know what to comment. Much more frustrated when you get the 'blogger's block'!
Blogging is definitely NOT a bastardise type of writing. It's merely just another channel. We are not getting paid to blog. There is not primised prize for the best blog. So, what is the motivation behind blogging? I have a feeling that I am starting to just transfer my thoughts to words. I have no real objective to achieve in this post. I'm just writing.
Wow! Was that some kind of motivation? This need to get whatever inside your head out onto urmm.. paper, or in this case blog? Probably it is. I found myself to be a more laid back person eversince I blog. And eversince I started writing again. It's a channel for me to let out, shout out. Nothing is clogging inside. Of course there are things that I still keep inside. Like I said before, somethings are just meant to be left unsaid. Unspoken.
Some people blog to show off their creativity. Or more aptly, to share their creativity. Be it in words, stories, poetry, or simply photography. I am yet to get meself a digicam, so that I can share how I view life with pictures. Photography is actually a secret pleasure that I've never actually indulged.
So, to all fellow bloggers out there, stop blogging you shall not. Be it for my reading pleasure. Or just for the sake of your sanity. Having said that, some would still choose to stop. And we, the loyal blog reader, will just have to come to terms with that. Like I always said, we are given choices in life. It's up to us to choose the best for ourselves. In this, selfish, we shall be.

3 Comments:
ladyJade, let us help each other through our ups and down and keep on blogging! pull me up when I feel down and share my giddiness when I am up there!
same here same here.
kak teh: yerp! we shall go up and down togeder-geder...
ms bizwack: thank u! it gives that gooey feeling... hehe..
Post a Comment
<< Home