Blue Monday...
Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx
Ocean’s apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn’t stop the pain
If I see you next to never
How can we say forever
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you
I took for granted, all the times
That I thought would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I can’t get near you now
Oh, can’t you see it baby
You’ve got me going crazy
I wonder how we can survive
This romance
But in the end if I’m with you
I’ll take the chance
Ocean Deep - Cliff Richard
Love , can't you see I'm alone
Can't you give this fool a chance
A little love is all I ask
A little kindness in the night
Please don't leave me behind
No , don't tell me love is blind
A little love is all I ask
And that is all
Ooh love , I've been searchin' so long
I've been searchin' high and low
And little love is all I ask
A little sadness when you go
Maybe you'll need a friend
Only please don't let's pretend
A little love is all I ask
And that is all
I wanna spread my wings
But I just can't fly
As a string of pearls
The pretty girls go sailin' by
Ocean deep
I'm so afraid to show my feelings
I have sailed a million ceilings
Solitary room
Ocean deep
Will I ever find a lover
Maybe she has found another
And as I cry myself to sleep
I know this love of mine I'll keep
Ocean deep
Now , can't you hear when I call
Can't you hear the word I say
A little love is all I ask
A little feelin' when we touch
Why am I still alone
I've got a heart without a home
A little love is all I ask
And that is all
-------------------------------------
Songs in the 80s and early 90s are ever so straight forward and easy, weren't they? And direct reflection of the heart. Walahwei... I'm feeling sentimental today! No wonder these songs keep on playing. In fact I can't stop repeating my, urmm... mp3 (hush! hush!).
Songs in the late 90s and now, are more... hmm.. explicit. There are no shyness in them. And all in all everything drills down to one thing. S.E.X. ish.. ish.. ish.. And we call ourselves civilised. More like cavemen days. I man, You woman, We mate. hahahaha...
Have you watched MTV or Channel V lately? Please, please, please... don't let your kids watch them. Not until they are 21! Stick to Disney, Nickolodean and Cartoon Network. Better, PHDC!! Haha....
Ok lah... I'm feeling better already... Seriously, I am! Hmm..

3 Comments:
lj,
you must be very young when these songs were played on the radio.
ummi pun suka juga lagu2 ni...but i'm 15 years older than you.
i guess u must be a true sentimentalist....
p/s thanks for yr visit to my blog. appreciate yr encouragement.
well i am an 80's fan! at work i tune in to the internet radio station, www.shoutcast.com. one catch, u have to download winamp player in order to listen to the songs...but the player is non invasive at all!
i love the 80's, so innocent (except madonna which i love!!!), such memories when i was an anak abu hehehe.
ummi: i used to be a hopeless romantic. :-D now my feet is firm on the ground, though sometimes i tend to drift still...
ML: i like that song too!!!
ely: so trueeeee
Post a Comment
<< Home