Hmm...
I think I have come to terms with myself. I used to be a worry wart. I still am, at times, but not as bad as before. Life to me now is something that you have to go through, whether you like it or not. Gosh, I do feel like an old record being played.
I used to worry that I could not wear certain colours because it doesn't go well with my skin tone. You see, I was a victim to social standards/acceptance of what is deemed as beautiful. Ergo, I became inferior. Because of it, I wore earth tones. I was, in short, a bore of colours. Hmm... that doesn't sound quite right. Well, you get what I mean. Nowadays, you'd see me in blues, pinks, greens, even orange! Just last month I shocked myself by purchasing a bright pink top. And I must say, I feel... urmm... sexy in it. Ha ha ha...
I used to worry about letting my hair down. Thus, it was always in pony tail. Because you see, my hair is not spaghetti straight. And I felt lousy whenever I see my crown. Now, hah! I care not, I think my hair is more alive than the girl next to me. In fact again, I feel... sexy.
What I'm trying to say is, we are all victims of the social standards and acceptance. In more than one ways. We continue making our lives difficult by imposing new 'rules' or 'definitions' in everything that we do, say, wear, {put more verbs here}. At the end of the day we forget that we should be satisfying ourselves, we should make ourselves happy. And not being mould to something that other people deem correct.
Today in MPH, I saw a magazine on plastic surgery. I can't remember what was the name. Anyway, the name of the magazine is not important. More vital is, why the heck would anyone published such magazines? Why would MPH be selling it? Why can't we put a new standard that makes people love themselves? WHY? Why are we so adamant on perfection when no one is in fact perfect?
Our society is going down the toilet, believe me. Let's find our ground again. We are still being manipulated. The sadest thing is, we DO realise that, and yet we turn a blind eye. Sometimes, the extend of our insecurities are so scary it's demeaning. A model wannabe was kicked out from the competition because she's too heavy. Duhhh... I would rather kick out the one with the bad attitude. It's a sad world we're living in.
I'll wear whatever colours I'm comfortable with, thank you very much. And if the 'in' thing in fashion says differently, I couldn't care less. My body, my life, my say.

2 Comments:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
Wow,for the first time in year now i forgot to say it on the day itself...sorry la,was real bz at school and was not feeling well dat day...so now...i'm a lil well,so again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!don't worry,we are always young at heart...hehhehehe
Happy birthday!
Do whatever your heart desires, wear whatever you want (life's too short to be pleasing everyone else) and like your profile says, dance like no one is looking! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home