One day at a clinic in Bangsar...
Nurse: Yes, have a seat. The doctor will be with you soon.
Moi: Thank you. (and took the sit. turning left and right, no other patient around. Still early? But it's already noon...)
10 minutes later...
Still waiting. Nurses are chatting with each other. Something about food and where to go to eat.
5 minutes after that...
Nurse: Jade!
Moi: Yes! (excitedly walking into the doctor's room)
Doctor looked sleepy? Drowsy? High on something?
Doc: Yes, apa sakit?
Moi: Doctor, I'm having diarrhea. I feel so tired.
Doc: Aaaaa.. Makan aper pagi tadi?
Moi: (Sheepish smile) Nasi lemak. The sambal was hot, yes...
Doc: Aaaa... Jangan makan sambal pagi-pagi. Tak bagus for the stomach.
I nodded my head, while he took my temperature and such.
Doc: Okay, saya bagi awak ubat, kasi makan.
I got up from the seat, thanking him. Then, as I neared the door...
Moi: Ugh.. doctor, could I also have something for my throat. I'm having a mild sore throat. Sakit.
Doc: Oh? Come, come, sit down. (so I went to sit down again). Nganga..
I complied.
Doc: Huh! Tekak awak sudah berlubang!
Moi: (Whaaaat??!!) Sorry??
Doc: Tekak awak sudah berlubang. (I did not know whether to laugh or be scared).
The doctor proceed to show me the chart on his wall. A cross section of the digestive track.
Doc: you see, orang lain punya tekak, macam ini (poking to show the surface of the esofagus). tapi, you punya ada lubang.
Moi: (okayyyyyyyy.... am stiffling laughter. I did not have the heart to laugh, because he looked so serious. I was taken back in time into my biology class...)
Doc: So, minum air banyak-banyak. Jangan minum gas (oh-kayyy).
Moi: No doctor, I don't drink carbonated drinks.
Doc: Good... good... (scribble... scribble...)
Moi: Could you give me some lozenges?
Doc: Yes, sure... (he looks like his mind is already on something else. scribble... scribble...)
Moi: Thank you doctor (walked to the door and waited to get the medicine).
The waiting hall was still empty.
10 minutes later...
Nurse: Jade!
Moi:Yes, yes.
Nurse proceeded explaining this eat 2 times, this take when needed, this one take 3 times after meal... etc... etc...
And the bill was RM80. (my jaw dropped to the floor. I imaginarily excused myself a while to pick it up.) Paid the bill and walk to my car.
------------------------------------------
I paid the doctor to tell me that my tekak berlubang. My mum gave a more realistic explanation.
Ma: Tekak tu ada infection... Jadi, surface nya tak smooth...
I love you, Ma!

1 Comments:
well, i laughed when i read the dr said 'tekak awak berlubang' hahaha. sounds very weird! apasal dia tak ckp tekak awak infectious eh? so kelakar seram!
feel better gurl!
Post a Comment
<< Home