There's a place and time...
sayang takut dikata malas
sayang marah bila terkilas
sayang melayu cakap tak lepas
sayang laku asyik terbabas
Granted it's not the best pantun I ever made. I was one of the pemantun in college. And my skills are getting blunt. The fact that, nowadays I rather write something abstract, rather than straight forward. Hmmm.... philosophical? Gosh, no!
Anyway, moving on...
Few years back, my friends started to get married. One by one getting hitched. One month into the marriage I get the same comment. All about not being pregnant. I was like.. "huh? what's the rush?" One in fact go to the extreme by saying "kesian kat hubby... sbb all his friends dah dapat baby.. rasa bersalah laa...".
Ok, wait. When did God say anything about the women being responsible to ensure they get pregnant? I was again, "huh?". And I sort of.. got tired of hearing the same thing, until one day, my alter ego took charge. She told them, "why la you in hurry. your time together should be cherished and enjoy to the most! nanti when the baby come along, you won't have time for each other anymore. besides, when you're doing 'it', you're supposed to be enjoying the closeness. ini, dok tension why la tak make baby. baby nak jadi pun tak bley because too tensed."
Of course, I was not being heard. Heh! What la do I know right... I'm not married yet, and they are. Hmm.. so I kept quiet. But the whining still come again now and then. I guess, the realisation can only come from within. Other people can point out the obvious, but only you can only see it, when you want to. Ada hikmah di sebalik setiap sesuatu.
Of course, now that they are already with babies, life is blissful. Though at times, some remarks could be heard, "sekarang susah la sikit nak berjalan. anak dah ada. nak layan cik abang pun kadang2 tak sempat". And again, I "huh?". Hahaha.. I guess, I can say a LOT of things, because I'm not in the shoes.
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for marital bliss and kids and picket fences and laundry and messy hall. Just as long as the chores are shared. I believe that marriage is a partnership, as such, it's a sharing-ship. Hmm.. (say no more Jade. zip!).
BUT, I whine about not having that special someone. Then my alter-ego knock me on the head and point the obvious. I have no one to report to, no asking permission, no other person to think about when making plans with my girlfriends. Life is so much easier when you see the positive side of things. Of course, you gotta have your feet firm on the ground. But I guess, you're allowed to be airborne once a while. he he he...
So, everything will happen in its own good time. Everything has its place and time. And everything happens for a reason. I might feel I'm ready for the picket fences and messy hall, but God knows better. Judging by the way my preception is about marriage, it might be a little difficult to find that special someone. Muahaha.. No, nothing is perfect, and perfection is not what I'm after. Somewhere, somehow, there is that person who'd be able to jive with me. I just got to be patient, and believe that God has my best interests always.
Our life is a journey. There is only one destination. Life after death. So, for now, it's the journey that matters. Ergo, we have to live to the fullest. And my definition of living to the fullest, does not include being an extrimist.
Oohh... I made friends with some super mommies around. They are in Singapore, in London, in US, in KL, to mention a few... Haaa.. I envy them. Juggling work, kids, hubby and house chores. Walaweh... Not to mention someone who had an adventure with OKBG sandals and superglue! Also the one who wake early in the morning to prepare breakfast. For friends coming over. On a Sunday. Ohh.. and one more, who with her seriously aching back, still take time to sort out her son's mess. Hmm... Supermoms around the world.
Here's to the Supermoms. (raising my mug of milo)

1 Comments:
Lady Jade, Lady Jade!
for one, yup, enjoy singlehood while they last. dah kawin, suma tak boleh buat. and u have to think twice on what u're going to do and even what u're going to say. kalau tak suami marah, anak terikut pulak apa yang kita cakap kan?
jadi ibu nih, tak payah practice. when ur first child is born, u tend to sit down and look at the baby. 'hai anak, harap2 kau jadilah anak yang soleh'. then i asked myself 'eh, i have to be the one to make my kid be that way kan?'.
yup a challenge. we have to put kids first before ourselves until at least they're independent enough (they'll still come crawling back to u over something small).
kalau dah tinggal luar negeri nih, kawan melayu memang boleh dikira. kalau org nak dtg i suka sekali! kalau i masih kat Singapore, org nak dtg pukul 9 pagi, memang lah liat!
overall, i rasa w/o my husband (he is my kids' stepdad), i cant be the mom that i wished to be. he is the SUPERDAD!psst, he cooks 5 days a week and sends the kids for soccer and baseball practices :)
Post a Comment
<< Home