Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ini Surat Layang - A Post-Mortem

I think my previous post derived a lot of confusion and questions. Queen told me anyone who's reading it would think that it's directed to them. Because it's an everyday issue. Secret Friend said it's full of hatred. And geram.

Let me just say, no, it was not written with anyone in mind. It is a general statement. A lot of us, even myself, tend to forget ourselves in the midst of going somewhere, being somebody. It IS an everyday occurance for some. So, it's more like a reminder, to myself, that I should not think that I'm bigger than everyone else. Because there's always someone bigger around.

And another reason, I have had that cat picture for a long time. Never had the chance to use it. It's rude, I know. I apologise if anyone feel offended by it, but no, I'm not going to remove it. :-) (smiling sweetly here...)

On top of that, it's more like a... creative writing. I'm trying something new everytime. See how it goes. I like writing. I am thinking going serious for it. In fact, I have several not even half-way finished novels lying around in the PC. I started to write the piece, and then, it just flow as my imagination played around. And if it indeed aroused questions or intriguing enough, then it is a good piece. I'm rambling, I know.

So, what have we learnt? We learnt that we are not perfect. In our haste correcting other people, we have to realise that we have to correct ourselves too. Not many people can admit loudly they made mistakes. Most will find a way to twist things around, either to mislead, to confuse or to shift blames. I admire the few courageous people that stand by their actions. Even when it goes wrong. And I admire more, when they do their best to fix it, find solutions.

Ergo, are we ready to be one of them? I am doing my best to. It is not easy you know, when you have to be accountable and responsible when things go wrong. No one in their right mind would want things to go wrong. Even those 'evil' people who are using 'back door' to settle things, was actually trying to make things right, only using urrmm.. the, we shall say, unconventional approach. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, whatever we do, whatever we say, we are accountable for it. We have to face the music, when we are the ones who's strumming the guitar or blowing the trumpet. It's not east, but it's the honorable thing to do.

Let's not be cowards and hide. Let's face it like true warriors. True samurais. True GI Janes. (hint! hint! hehehe)

Anyway, having said that, it's choices that we have to make. We should not forget the people that have helped us through. We should be thankful to them, and reward them in any ways that we can. We should not be too proud of our achievements, because only with the Big Guy's will that we're allowed to achieve them. We should not think that we know much, when life itself is a learning process, and it never ends until the day we draw our last breath. Even then, there are still more that we will never know. We should not be stingy, for what we have today is blessing from above (InsyaAllah), as long as we remember to do things with good intentions in our hearts.

I can keep on going, and going and going like the Duracell Bunny. But, I shall not. I am not here to preach, for I am here to learn. So guide me, as I am a student. Lend me your hand, when I'm having trouble crossing that big drain. Hold my two wheels steadily as I wobble through without the third, and the fourth. I am, but a teeney, weeney plot, on this stage. Pentas Dunia.

Hang in there while I put on some make up...