Long day
Work has been hectic lately. I don't understand many of the decisions made, neither do I have any power to decide otherwise. I'm just a follower. At the moment. Things have been stagnant for me all these while. Not much changes professionally, though I've grown in terms of skills.
It's time to move on.
This however does not mean I jump to the next best offer like what I did two and a half years back. I learnt from that mistake. This is one of those few mistakes that I regret making. Other mistakes are worth the lessons. I did say something before this about regretting, right? Anyway, this time around, I am... wiser, so to speak. There are other things to be considered besides just jumping into greener field.
A headhunter, is a pain in the backside. You would think people with lots of experience in this kind of work would have the... brains to stop themselves from saying things like "you know, if this doesn't work out, I won't get anything". Like, duhhh! And I, had to answer, "look, in the end it's still up to me to take it or not, right?" And then the brainy came out with another brilliant statement when I said I want not to just get a better offer, but also to raise my level to where I'm supposed to be, with my experience and skills, "some companies would pay anything because they require the skill, but this company just move to the next person." To which I answered, "then the company is not for me." Of which came the reply "I shall talk to the HR people". Ha ha ha ha.
This is an experience. Something new for me. Apparently the company really wants me to join them. Well, the fact that the manager in charge called me personally. However, I was in a meeting, and could not talk, so I guess I'll return the call sometime tomorrow. Aaaaaahhhh...
Having said that, I am actually hoping to get the offer from another company. I am waiting for the result as I'm writing this. And I am praying hard that I'll get this one. Because it would mean jet-setting life for the years to come. And I know I will be doing what I really want. The problem is, we don't always get what we want. And what we really want is always out of grasp. I sure hope that this one is not one of those. Please, please help pray for me. I might regret it later when I'm already doing it, but for now, this is what I'm dreaming for all these years. Think that Beemer. Well, at least a Civic. Okay Jade, come down.. come down. Let's not fly too soon...
It's 11.30pm now. I have a status update in the morning. On things that I was supposed to complete today, but can only complete 80% of them. Well.. at least, it's a progress. He he he. I shall type off now. My eyes are heavy, and I just remembered I have another 15 minutes drive plus 5 minutes walking to my beloved bed. And tonight I shall sleep with a smile on my face because the memory is still warm in my mind and the warmth still envelopes my heart.

2 Comments:
i got it through emails.. don't know where it originated.. ;-) and it makes me smile coz it made you smile.
I have some issues about work too. So it's a relief to read about some people has that kind of dilemma too. Not relief in a bad way tau. I have just turned down a good job offer. Good in terms of money but does not really compensate the task and the accountability. The benefit, job security and work environment are aint that good either. So i think I made the right choice. Eventhough, the money factor tu is verryyyy tempting. Adoi, kuatkanlah hatiku.
Post a Comment
<< Home