Monday, August 01, 2005

Lazy Monday

No! No! No! I refuse to succumb to norm. Black Monday. Monday blues. Mad Monday. And whatever else about Monday. I had my coffee in the morning. With fried rice and chickine begedil. Yummy. But, here I am feeling lazy.

Last Saturday, I did not know what came over me. I bought five pairs of shoes. Yerp. FIVE. Lima. Hamsa. 5. In my defense, I needed those new pairs for office use. The one that I have, is a total lost, after the wedding that I went to, two weeks back. It got stomped, crushed and whatever else a pair of shoes can go through at a wedding. So kesian. And sangat sedih. I planned to buy two pairs, three at the most. Two for office, and one pair of sandal bodoh to wear while driving. No heels, just flats.

So, off we went to OU. My best friend, NF, and I. We went to eat first at Secret Recipe. I wanted to eat Chicken Cordon Blue, but it wasn't available, so I settled for Carribean Style Seabass. NF had the Tom Yam Noodle. After that we went to TGV to see if there are available seats for Fantastic Four. 3rd row from the screen, was the best that we could get, so we decided to check out the new GSC. That was even worst. Front row. So, movie was out of the list.

NF wanted to find new pair of sunglasses. The old one that we bought together in KLCC was, urmm.. lost in the midst of her brother's convocation in Manchester two weeks ago. And I have a short list of things I wanted to purchase. Hey.. gimme a break. I don't shop a lot. So when I do, I make a list. *wink*

We went down to U-Parkson. First stop was at the shoes section. I marked 2 pairs as my next purchase, maybe in 6 months time. Ha ha ha. Those are the nice-to-have ones, but impractical. Thus, no need to rush. Then we walked summore, and came to Panache's section. Walaweh.. cheap sandals! Blood rushed to my brain. I browsed through and one pair caught me eyes. Browsed summore, another pair came to attention. I asked the sales girl to took out my size, walked around a while in it, and took it. Yup, just like that. While walking to the cashier, ada satu dua lagi yang menarik but I managed to control the urge. Paid for the shoes, and I got my work sandals.

Next we went to Padini's Concept Store. I normally buy my flats in Vincci. So, browse, just picked one, asked for my size and took it. I sat down beside NF, and this one cute pair caught my eyes. Took it and asked NF's opinion. She said, it's cute. I calculated, asked for my size, and walaweh, I bought that one too. And NF went, woman, you just bought four pairs. And I went, gosh.. I know! Both of us were a little speechless, cause it is unknown for me to purchase shoes, much less buying four pairs at once.

We had our dinner early, in Old Asia. NF asked for Char Kuey Teow and I had Vietnamese Springrolls. After dinner, we walked to the old wing, where we parked the car. As we were approaching the Centre Court, we saw... "SHOE GALLORE". My jaw dropped to the floor. NF was laughing already. And I told her, I'm not going to buy anything. We slipped through the crowd, browsing. And I saw it. The walking shoes I've been looking for so long. I asked for my size, test-wear and bought it. He he he. That, completes my shoe frenzy that day.

For all five pairs, I paid, less that RM200. Which is, a good bargain. Hmm.. Hmm.. He he he. I got SHOES!!!! In the house, I'm with the least shoe count. And I am currently holding the record of "Most Shoes Purchased In One Outing". 5 pairs.

Now, I have to shop for the shoe cabinet pulak...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home