Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mr Midnight

Article: Midnight Craze in NST.

I am proud that finally kids are taking interest in reading. I see more people in book stores nowadays. Kids and adults. In Kinokuniya, MPH or Times. But... where are the Malay children? I'm a little upset with this. Was the reporter being biased, or, truly there was not even one Malay family at the book signing? This is so sad. If Kasturi Rajendran and Kok Li Teng have interest in reading, why can't a Mariam Ahmad or Faisal Rosli?

Sampai bila nak jadi macam ni? I believe everything starts at home. If parents take interest in reading, the children will also, if not all, at least one or two. So, is this some indication that Malays have no interest in reading? Oh, I forgot... They rather watch Akademi Fantasia. Now that it's finished, they are watching the Diari. Ahhh... Hmm...

So, I guess, there's nothing left to say.


3 Comments:

Blogger SimplyMas said...

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you! THhough, not all Malays but only segelintir jer yang encourage the kids to read... Sad fact...

August 26, 2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger SimplyMas said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 26, 2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

i truly understand how u feel.

over here, the kids have a reading log. they have to read at least 30 mins a day and read the news.

i know its brutal but good habits are hard to embed into the kids.

August 28, 2005 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home