Sunny Sunday
The shopping spree scheduled today was cancelled. Reschedule. The neighbour rwo doors down is renovating. It was noisy all morning, with the drilling and knocking.
What is it about feelings that changes you? Love, actually. But the change only happens in the women. Not the men. Weird isn't it? It's a in bred in women to please everyone else. We don't mind being troubled as long as we make other people happy. We cry our silent tears, never letting other people know how we truly feel. Love changes a woman. Living examples around.
A friend of mine, for instance. She changed in a matter of few months after getting hitch, at the heart. Totally changed. And it kinda frighten me. Do we need to lose our sense of individuality just because of love? I should hope not. Why can the men stay the same, and we need to change? There's even a joke about it. And I think women should feel insulted. "Women get married hoping the men would change, while men hope that the women won't change". I find this to be cruelly true.
I have, accepted, years back that men won't change. They will definitely be the same person you fall in love with in the first place. Minor changes, might be there, but that individuality, and that distinguished feature that makes him who he is, will not go away. At first, the woman would cherish it, then gets a little bored with, at which point she would nag about it, thereafter, just accept it, if she has enough sense to. Woman on the other hand, takes the wife role and change. In fact, the change takes place BEFORE the matrimony does.
Please read this as someone who's looking from afar. I am not being critical on how women are, because that's just the way it is. But it's just so... I can't find the right word for this... It's just so disturbing that once a woman gets married, all that she talks about is the husband, the hosuehold, when to get pregnant, is pregnant, talk about the babies, the pampers, etc etc. It seems like my married friends talk about nothing else. And I feel... out of the league. Can't we still talk about make ups, clothes, musics and all the things we used to before you tied the knot? Where are all those girlfriends talk? Can't we have that still? Why can the man still bond with their unmarried counterparts? Of course, they do have some... boundaries and times where they can't join, and their chums would joke about him being married and all, but the times that they are together, they talk about something else.
Hmm... this post is partly frustration. Partly feeling left out. But most importantly, scared of losing identity. Don't get me wrong. The friends that I made through blogging, most of them are happily married with kids. BUT they talk about everything else. Isn't that just refreshing? I guess, it's different for everyone. And I aspire to be one of them. Married, but with life more than just the household. *wink*
All I want to say is, women should keep to their individuality as well. Even if life changes because you're building a family, you should still be running towards your dreams. Call it feminism. Call it new age woman. Give it any name that you want. But I believe that life can only be fulfilled if we do what we love most. Besides, it's the journey that matters not the destination, right? We have to have a destination, only then we can live to the fullest.
Lovely people, enjoy your weekend. Enjoy the week ahead. I might be babbling nonsense. Take what's fruitful. Ignore the rest if you're not on the same page. I won't mind. It's probably the monsoon. Or probably the hormones. Or probably the lack of sleep. Must be because of the uncertainty cloud around me. But I intend to enjoy what's left of Sunday. If luck is on my side, something beautiful will happen. If I dare to take the step.

6 Comments:
some truth in there...mmm...wish u had a lovely day...i know i didn't
hei, LJ..it's au naturale to change.Nature changes. Katrina, Wilma, etc. caterpillar to pupa to beautiful butterflies...with each natural change there will be new focus areas..priority counts mind u..so dream on if dreams are your panacea.
LJ,
i guess there are some truth in your fear.. but i can tell you one thing tho.. my best friend(s) has gone thru the whole process..marriage , kids.. and we are still talking about shopping, clothes, make up.. karaoke..and even having a girlie sleep over once or twice per year.. :-)
at one point of time.. i was the only unattached one, while the rest of the gang are either happily married or even having their 2nd child..but none of them made me feel like an outsider..
but i guess your point is valid.. coz one thing i noticed about my friends..they do retain their personality and their 'self'..
so dont worry about it kay.. juz go with the flow.. there are bound to be some changes.. the main thing is to remember who you are and dont lose your identity..
jade, selamat hari raya!
jade, salam aidilfitri untuk you dan family...
LJ Selamat Hari Raya AidilFitri to you!
Post a Comment
<< Home