Monday, September 19, 2005

After the first weekend...

People here welcome the sun. I bet they'll be happier in warmer weather such as in Malaysia. It's blue sky and sun shiny day today. Much like in Malaysia. I'm not that far from home, I guess. The traffic here is crazier than KL. They have their traffic jams as well. But to see the trams and cars and bicycle criss-crossing each other... that's just nuts!

The colours here are so vibrant. I have never seen green that is so green, blue that is very blue. All in their true shades. The sky is clear. Not a cottony cloud in sight. I like the fact that the office is just a walk away.

I walked around the city last weekend. But have not walked all over it yet. I went to Van Gogh museum yesterday. Saw the famous Sunflower. 'Twas my first visit to art museum, and I enjoyed it very much. I could actually spend hours looking at the paintings. Hmm... I guess most artists are unappreciated during their times. And most of them are not always in their right mind. Van Gogh himself cut his ear off. Irky, I know.

I took the trem from the Rai station straight to the Centraal. Then, from there walk all over the town. And then, took the trem back to Rai. Walk a little bit to the hotel.

Oh... the office is having an outing this Thursday. It's going to be fun, fun, fun. We're going on the canal boat. The best way to enjoy A'dam they say. Then, we'll eat some chocolates and ice creams. YUMMY!!! And then we'll have dinner. Not sure if that dinner is on the boat, or in a restaurant

I am still waiting to go to the flea market. My own exploration so far brought me to the Stamp market and also the Art market. None of which you'd see in Malaysia. Well, I suppose we do have Central Market for arts and handicrafts. But this is a little different. Hmm... Will surely post some pictures soon. I'm just not comfortable with this laptop yet. A little frustrated with it actually. But, I digress.

My vision is clearing. They have some lovely specimens over here. Hehehe... But, most of them are probably tourist. Ohh.. that's another thing. Everytime I want to cross the street in the city centre, I'm so scared of getting stampede! You know, you see people at the other side of the road, waiting for the light to turn green. And it's like a whole lot of them, and you're the only one person crossing from this side. I tell you, it's scary.

I think I've walked so much this past week in A'dam than I did a week in KL. I don't know whether that is good or not. And I'm too sure I'll be losing weight either. The fact is I'm eating so much during breakfast... scambled eggs, pancakes, mushrooms, yoghurt, fruits, bread, cheese. No nasi lemak however, so disappointed. He he he...

It's 2.30pm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

jade, when you go on the boat ride, make sure that the photographer waiting by the entrance to the boat takes your photograph. It'll be ready by the tiem you get back - it'll look like a postcard - but with you in it and all the famous landmarks! Its a good memento! and also, if you have the time, go to Volerndam (sp!) its by the seaside and its beautiful! Plead, beg, threaten or blackmail someone to take you there!

September 19, 2005 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah..go on the boat ride...but don't get fleeced.I remember an occasion when a group of us had individual photos taken by locals
in another destination with an imposing backdrop..photos were ready within 24 hours...then ..and superimposed on china. But we got fleeced..US$100.00 a piece. Alas!!

September 20, 2005 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oits,

bestnye gi jenjalan sambil2 keja.. bila nak post gambar?

September 20, 2005 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home