Monday, September 26, 2005

Crazy weather

It started cloudy this morning. And then a little sun followed by a little rain. More sun. And a little more rain. Right now it's cloudy and windy. No wonder people here likes to talk about the weather.

A friend is coming over from Den Haag today, to go around the city later this evening. And I will probably go to Den Haag tomorrow to experience the Dutch seaside.

I am missing Malaysia. There is no place like home. And KL is home. Amsterdam is nice because it has all these old buildings and structures. Europe is old. While KL is new. Skycrapers and all. But I very much like it if we preserve the old structure as well. Such nice oldies.

There are triple Xes everywhere around the city. It stands for three catasthrophes. The flood, because the city is below the sea level, the fire, because the structure used to be built with wood, and the plague. In the old days, that is. But you still see the X everywhere.

I hope I will see more of Europe. And I hope it happens soon. If I can't go to Paris this coming weekend, well, I'm sure I will be going there soon enough. :-)

We went to make bon bon last Thursday. Chocolate candies. Bon bon. It was fun. I conveniently stained my blouse at the most inappropriate place. It caused an uproar for a while. But soon after, everyone started to give each other chocolate stain. I managed to escape the riot. Last Thursday was the office outing. We went on the canal boat ride, it took an hour. And then, we walked to the 'chocolate factory' and made our own bon bon. We brought back our handiwork plus the recipe. The recipe is in Dutch. But, I think I can still remember the ingredients. Do you know that white chocolate is actually BAD chocolate? Because it doesn't have cocoa beans in it! We made two types of bon bon, the dark chocolate with orange and rosemary flavour and white with chilli flavour. Yes, you read that correctly the first time. Red chilli like the ones we used to make sambal belacan. I haven't tasted both, for it is still inside it's packaging back in the hotel room.

Now, to answer a question. Yes, I went to the Red Light District. It's just pure women exploitation. But then again, like Nash said, it's two way street, the women don't mind being exploited. Men will enjoy it I supposed. For how can I be excited seeing things that I already have? Ha ha ha... Men do not sell very well in this field. I like to think it as a prove that women have higher intelligence than the men. He he he... Like what I told the hunk the other day, men are only good for two, maybe three things. Figure that out yourselves for I shall not corrupt more the already corrupted minds. He he he... Amsterdam is really city for everything.

Enjoy your week people, for I know I am. I hope the weather holds. We plan to take Amsterdam in at night.

"Good girls go to heaven, Bad girls go to Amsterdam" - seen on a T-shirt. psst... so am I a bad girl, then? :-p

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uisssshhh..

cam best je dok kat sana.. gi jalan sana.. gi jalan sini... cam gi melancong, instead of working :)

September 27, 2005 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red light districts ...a tourist destination ?....certainly if one has to do some kind of research...anyway it is ever present since time immemorial...
..an experience to visit it ?.....duuuuhhhhhhh!!!

September 27, 2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Hajar said...

adieza: best, best la kot... tapi best lagik dok KL. :-P

anon: hmm... it is a tourist dest, but it was not on my list to-go. haha... actually i dunno whether to be antogonistic to your comment, or agree with you. coz i have the same expression as well on it. "duhhhhh!!!"

September 27, 2005 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you put your hands into boiling water to test/experience it or some similar analogy ?
...duuuhhhh???!! Certain things are to be left as they are ..helps safety, security,

September 28, 2005 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god, I can smell the narrowmindedness just by reading your comments about Amsterdam. Is this your first encounter with a culture outside of Malaysia or what?? Please.. do Amsterdam a favour and leave. The last thing the city needs is your moral finger telling the world what is right or wrong.

And yes, Amsterdam is an old city, just like many others in Europe. KL is new. Errmm gosh.. maybe that's because people in Malaysia were still trying to figure out how to make fire and walking around naked when these buildings were built? I'm not sure, but it could just be a possible explanation.

I'll make you a deal.. I realise this comment must be quite insulting to you. So, I will take back my words if you smoke a big spliff this week describe the sensation on your blog. Deal? Didn't think so.

September 28, 2005 1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you put your hands in a boiling water just to prove that it's hot? no, i don't think so.

it is so sad when you have to be insulting to prove a point. and narrowminded? baby, you don't know me, do you? :-)

September 28, 2005 3:13 AM  
Blogger D.N.A.S said...

I don't know about Amsterdam's Red Light District, but i almost fall asleep watching La Femme show at MGM Las Vegas. Maybe because the girls were too beautiful, too perfect, too original that they became a bore to my eyes. I would rather watch a body filled with silicon, artificial nose, man made brows etc etc hahahahah.

Men are good for 3 reasons:
1. to love their women
2. to love their families
3. to fight and die for their women, families, religion and country

September 28, 2005 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one anon to another anon..it takes one narrowminded anon to know another narrowminded anon....but this blog is not for anons to state their cult. let it rest there...and leave LJ alone to figure out preferences.

September 28, 2005 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

over there they call red light as a place of art my dear,also as something related to humanistic characteristis,we all do have it in ourselves kan...mmm,have u seen the woman who potray themselves as robot,birds the sun,a tree etc...now that what i call art,hehehe,enjoy ur stay,don't worry,u can stay in kl for ur lifetime,but make sure first time amsterdam is worthwhile,take care

October 02, 2005 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home