Thursday, September 15, 2005

Halo from Amsterdam

Fine cold weather. Enjoying the lack of pricking sun. The office is about 20 minutes walk from the Hotel. I'm staying in Holiday Inn. I am thinking of renting a bicycle to use for the next 3 weeks. Besides, I can go anywhere with it, right? And everyone in Amsterdam cycles! If back in KL we have bus lanes, here, they have one for bicycles.

It's autumn. It rains a little in mid afternoon. The colleagues here say that it's the Dutch weather. The public transport here is so convenient. No pictures as for now, yet. Will surely post some, as soon as I can be set up properly. There are lots of smart cars here. And those 2 sitter cars with akward shape. If in KL people modify their cars, here they do it to the bicycles. And the cyclist here are equivalent to motorcyclist in KL. They have no or lack of understanding of road rules. Red light is green to them, unless it will really cost their lives. And pedestrians are nuisance to them. People do get hit by bike over here. And bikes getting hit by trams as well. I kid you not. My colleague just told us this morning about it. He saw it happened. The woman was busy yapping away, when a tram came and hit her bike. Talk about close calls...

We are planning to go to Centraal Station later today to look at the bikes for rent. I don't think we'll get the bikes today. Then probably we can walk around for a while and do a little sight seeing before going back to the hotel.

Lots of cheese. Different shapes and sizes. Lots of good looking men around. My eyes see clearly now. I probably don't need my lenses when I go back to KL! Hahahaha... One thing for sure, I foresee the possibility of losing weight. And that's a good thing.

Right, that's all for now. Will try to update frequently. So many things to talk about actually. The new job. The new office. And of course, Holland.

It's 4.20pm here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Queens City said...

hello......

September 16, 2005 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch out for the GaYeZ sit! :D nJoY!

-alienZ-

September 16, 2005 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lady Jade oh wow you're in Amsterdam already! Hope you have a great time. What happened to your lovely blue background?

September 16, 2005 8:34 PM  
Blogger Hajar said...

queen: hiya!

alienz: first time! i'm honoured. keh keh keh... yet to see them hand-in-hand...

apples: am having the time of my life! :-D the blue? well.. i kinda decided to grow up. hehehe..

September 16, 2005 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, tis not always rosy when one is too adventurous and curious.
Being indifferent is not quite appropriate..be alert and positive.

September 18, 2005 4:34 PM  
Blogger Hajar said...

anon: thanks for the reminder. ;-)

September 19, 2005 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home