On Chocolate Banana Milkshake...
I just came back from lunch date with my soul sista, TZ. She looked so radiant, although a little tired, but full of sun all the same. And she has a good reason for it. She's 7 months preggy. Psst.. she's so round, unlike her first pregnancy. But of course, the baby, insyaAllah a girl... and I am waiting anxiously for my second godchild. From her. Ekeke.. When you don't have your own, just lavish your cousins' or your friends' kids with all the lurve you can give.
We had our traditional chocolate banana milkshake. I couldn't exactly remember how it started, but eversince we had our first one together, we've been CBM addicts. Few years back, we would meet at Dome KLCC once a month and have a dose of it.Every month. Back then, the price was RM9.95. It's at RM11.95 now. And my all time favourite, the Chicken Pie, was RM14.95, now it's RM19.95. Huh.. money. A never-ending story.
Anyway, as usual, after the hug and kiss kiss, we sat down looked at the menu, ordered and... babbled away. Of my new job, of her new baby, of her parents, and of everything. It's good to see her after a long time. And her parting words, "Datang ler rumah, dah lama dah...". Come to think of it, it has been a long time. Last I was there, King Zad was still sprawling on the floor, now he's running. Iskk... I definitely need to drop by this weekend when I'm back at my parents.
It's really good to see when your friends are happy. Juggling career with family, kids and hubby. I admire that. And so happy for them. And it knocked my conscience yet again. Sometimes, although you refuse to think about something, it will always come back and... annoys you once a while. It's easy to disengage from what's going on around, but you cannot escape it for a long time. More, when you do not want to be far from it. Not forever.
I have to admit. I am feeling a little disoriented at times. Seeing my friends, married and having kids. To me, that's wealth beyond words. Well, not that you need those to be happy, but it's just something so natural, that I'm can't imagine why some people choose to be alone. Hmm... Not to mention, some people who choose to lead the un-natural life (let's not go there...). And here I wonder, again, when will it be my time.
But then again, it really is not the time yet. For one, I am not ready financially. I don't care what people say, but I feel, woman has to have the financial stability too before getting married. Reality bites. And I've seen disasters happening. And that is so sad, when the root is always money. On the other hand, money does not buy happiness either. Having lots of it, still cannot guarantee a smooth journey. Hmm... maybe we are missing something.
Anyway, I rather not babbled nonsense today. To tell the truth, I rather be home, in bed under my oh-so-comfortable quilt, with the rest of the world lock outside. Or curled up to Dan Brown's Deception Point. Iskk.. I want to go home.


1 Comments:
is that ur kitten? oh so cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home