Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Big C

It's the dreaded everyday word. Apparently. I do not know much about it, and it looks like, it's high time for me to read more on it. It seems like nowadays everyone knows someone who has/had it, close or not.

This is a sensitive issue. It hurts to talk about, read about or even listen to. It hurts because it makes us feel so terribly sad. I seriously do not know how to approach it in a subtle way, because cancer itself is not subtle. It's a silver bullet drenched with hemlock juice. It makes you cringe, it makes you go down on your knees. It humbles me.

I heard about people who are fighters and survivors. I heard that it's more about emotions and strong-willed. I heard that you can go for modern medications or swing by alternative treatments. Like my Abah said, it can be anything, any method. At the end of the day, it's God's will. It humbles me.

Everywhere around the globe, there are people just been diagnosed, undergoing treatment, etc. Lets pray that they don't lose hope and they will keep healing. Lets pray the people who are close to them keep their strength. And whatever happens tomorrow, lets pray that they keep standing. May the strength be with them. May the force be with them.

And may the rest of us exude enough positive vibes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home